Monday, March 11, 2013

Florentins


Florentin is a delicious pastry that can be easily found in most french boulangeries.
I remember when I was young, I always use to beg my parents to stop at that very special boulangerie whose Florentin were exceptionally delicious.

I never lost the love for them and when I met my husband, who was American, I introduced him to some Florentins found in a great Boulangerie in Aix-en-Provence, one of his favourite cities of France.

Today, as I live in the US, I learnt how to preparate these, with the products you can find here.
 I am going to share this fantastic recipe with you. Feel free to comment the recipe once you tasted them.

Ingredients (50 florentins) :

- 150 gr whole whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon of honey
- 100 gr of sugar
- 15 gr of flour
- 50 gr of sliced almonds
- 20 gr of candied fruits
- 200 gr of chocolate (the one you like)
- Little Baking tin with shapes you like


Preparation :

In a pan, cook the whole cream, honey, sugar and flour together until everything is melted.

Add the almonds and the candied fruits. Cook until the mixture begin to brown.
Pour a teaspoon of the mixture into each shape of the baking tin.
With a wet spoon, press on top of the mixture.






Bake for 15 minutes at 180 ºC / 355º F Take out of the oven and out of the baking tin. and set them aside.

Melt the chocolate in the microwave or with a double boiler. Pour a little quantity of chocolate in each shape of the tin and replace the Florentins previously baked. Press them good in order to integrate them well with the chocolate.

Put your baking tin in a fridge or just leave it out for the pastry to cool down and the chocolate to solidify.

No comments:

Post a Comment