Monday, December 10, 2012

Pistou

As I come from the region of Provence, I am going to begin my blog with a French Provencal recepie. A must in gastronomy.

I grew up myself eating this. My mom use to cook it, friends of my mom, my granparents, my oncles and aunts...

Pistou is a preparation witch is not really expensive to make and that's the reason why our family, in southern France always knew how to preparate it and cook with it.
Coming from a modest family I have always been fascinated by the fact that the dishes coming from our ancestress, even though we didn't come from great money, have always been taken by big chefs, big wealthy restaurants throughout the world and proposed to the people of other countries for an insane amount of money !

I would like to share this recepie with you.
This is a recipe that you'll use to cook some other preparations.

Ingredients:

- A big bouquet of basil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 60 gr of Parmesan
- 50 gr of pine kernel
- 10 cl of olive oil
- salt


Preparation :

Rince the basil leaves, wipe them off and finely chop snip the leaves inside of a mortar (or a blender).
Peal the garlic cloves and crush them into the choped leaves (or blend them together).
Add the Parmesan and the pine kernel and crush them all together (or use the blender). Add the olive oil and the salt, mix all of the ingredient together.
Pour the mixture into a jar and place it in the fridge.
You can freeze some of the mixture in an ice tray in order to use them later.

We will use this preparation in many of our recipes as an ingredient.

No comments:

Post a Comment